Subiyah Bridge, as known as the “Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Causeway”, Its main signature cable-stayed bridge with its exquisite arch pylon will rise as a land mark in the middle of the vital navigation route of the Kuwait Bay.
The main objectives of the project to :
- Reduce journey time from 90 minutes to less than 30 minutes.
- Provide new strategic highway routes to facilitate planned development to the north of Kuwait City.
- Reduce traffic congestion in the surrounding roads.
Systra Group in India, as a sub-consultant to SYSTRA SA, provided Design Consultancy services in Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Causeway to the Government of Kuwait for the Designing of the Bridge – Main Causeway across Kuwait Bay linking the Shuwaikh Port area on the south side of the bay to the Subiyah New Town area to the north.
As a design consultant, Systra Group in India provided these following services:
- Offshore bridge design
- Building design(Architecture, MEP & Structure)
- Geotechnical design for the offshore bridge
- Utilities infrastructure design (Hydraulic Modelling)
- Road and Embankment Design