STP- 17 (Pre-bid design)
The project includes the detailed pre-bid design for Signalling works for STP-17 JNPT-Vadodara section of WDFC
Systra Group in India was approached by L&T to do Pre-bid Signalling design for the WDFC section from JNPT to Vadodara after unsuccessfully bidding for STP-5 contract. L&T was eager to win the contract as it believed in Systra’s optimization on Signalling power supply design and ALH design shall get them back on track in WDFC Signalling bids. Systra Group in India was contracted to do a detailed pre-bid design.
Systra Group in India provided services for the following tasks:
- Preparation of drawings/design including Preliminary SIP (Signalling & Interlocking Plan)
- Preparation of Interface typical drawings to show how various sub-systems operate within the interlocking
- Preparation of cable core plans
- Preparation of cable route plans
- Site plans showing various typical layout plans of the signalling racks and other equipment in SER (Signal equipment rooms in stations), and in locations such as Level crossings and Auto location Huts (ALH).
- Conceptual preliminary design report for the signalling system detailing the benefits and improvements of design concept to satisfy specific requirements of the employer
- Space and Signalling power requirements design specifying the physical dimensions/space and power loading calculations for SER and the ALHs
- Bill of quantities
RESULT: L&T has won the bid based on Systra’s input and Signalling power supply optimization. It is a major and first Signalling contract for L&T on WDFC