Kolkata Metro was the first Metro in Indian sub-continent much before Delhi Metro came into existence. The electrification was for 3 Metro Lines out of 6.
The Line 3, or Joka Esplanade Line of the Kolkata Metro is a 16.72 km long metro from Joka (in extreme south Kolkata) and Esplanade (in central Kolkata) is under construction. It is partially elevated (8.5 km) and partially underground (6.32 km) with number of stations as 12.
The Line 5, or Baranagar-Barrackpore Metro (12.40 km) was meant to enable a quicker commute from the northern suburbs to South Kolkata with 11 stations.
A connection between New Garia (Kavi Subhas) and the Airport (29.1 km) via E M Bypass, Salt Lake and Rajarhat (Line 6) with a project deadline of six years, will have 24 stations with the terminal Airport station being an underground one.
Systra Group in India was approached by RVNL to do Detail Design for the Joka – Majerhat (Line-3) and Dum Dum Airport- New Garia via Rajerhat (Line-6). RVNL believed in Systra’s optimization on Power supply design and Systra Group in India was contracted to do the Detailed Design.
Detail Design Consultancy Services for Power Supply & Distribution System, 750 V DC Third Rail Traction Electrification and SCADA System for Baranagar- Barrackpore, Dum Dum Airport- New Garia via Majerhat, Joka- B.B.D.Bagh via Majerhat Corridors of New Metro Line of Metro Rail Kolkata“.
Systra provided services for the following tasks:
- Load Flow study and Traction simulation studies
- Detail Design of 750V DC Third Rail system
- EMI/EMC studies
- Preparation of Earthing and Bonding Plan
- Substation and Equipment layout plan and equipment Specification
- Substation equipment layouts and specifications
- Lighting Protection System
- Design, drawings and Specifications of SCADA system
- Technical Specifications, BOQ, and Cost Estimate for Construction work Tender
- Cable Management System
- 33KV or 11KV and LT Power Supply System
- Construction Stage Design Support, Control and Coordination