High Speed Rail: Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad
The High Speed Rail project includes a feasibility study of 640km of high speed rail corridor, with trains running at 320kmph in average. The broad objective of the project was to provide an efficient and time saving transport solution for passengers commuting between Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad.
SYSTRA GROUP as a leader of the consortium, was appointed to conduct the feasibility study for Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad and was actively supported by Systra Group in India.
Systra provided services for the following tasks:
- The traffic movement during construction phase & protection of close buildings around
- Project management
- Global review of HS projects
- Supervision of traffic surveys for all modes of transport (origin-destination, counts and opinion)
- Creation of a multi-modal traffic forecast model
- Overall design specifications
- Civil engineering, earth moving works, structures and tunnel
- Track, signalling, energy and catenary, telecommunication, central control office
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Layout and station siting
- Estimation of investment and operating costs
- Supervision of socioeconomic and financial reviews