Chennai Metro Phase 1 Extension Underground Section
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has planned to extend the Corridor-1 from Washermanpet to Wimco Nagar so as to provide for a linkage with the Suburban system of Southern Railway and increase the ridership. Viability of project extension comprises of TBM Tunnel ( 2KM), Cut & Cover Structure including Ramp, Elevated Viaduct, two Underground & 6 Elevated Stations and Depot with Allied Structure.
Systra Group in India has been appointed as Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) by CMRL and has to perform the overall Architectural, Structural and MEP Services Design of the project. The scope of services includes:
- Conceptual layout planning and preparation of design alternatives.
- Collection of relevant information or Carry out necessary survey & investigations required for design development.
- Detailed Architectural, Civil & Structural, MEP design including Construction Reference Drawings (CRD) and Good for construction (GFC) drawings.
- Bill of Quantities (BOQ), detailed specifications, cost estimates for Tender.
- Alignment review
- Review of as built drawings, design support during construction.
- Traffic Management Plan, Proposal for conceptual local traffic diversion plan, Multimodal Integration Plan