The project covers conceptual planning of access to all corridors in the first phase network, and detailed design for the 12 km Corridor No. 1: The Old NH-4 Mumbai Pune Road, from Nigdi Naka to Dapodi Naka in Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation area.
The main objectives of the project:
- Improve and promote public transport system
- To Integrate BRT System with other Public Transport Modes and integrate intermittent public spaces
- To better integrate hawkers and parking (bicycle) into the Non-Motorized Transport (NMT) to improve non-motorized access and mobility
Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation appointed MVA Asia Limited in association with Systra Group in India for providing detailed design consultancy services for BRT System.
The study scope includes:
- State- of -the- Art Review and Delineation of NMT Network with Reconnaissance/ Topographic/ NMT Supply Survey, Demand Surveys (NMT corridors)
- Analysis and Planning followed by Detailed design of approved concept designs and Implementation Plan with Detailed Cost Estimate
- Suggest changes in DC Rules of PCMC and Assist in execution of communications plan for BRTS.